Monday, April 18, 2011

Time is Moving So Fast!!!

I can't believe that in about a month I will have my next appointment at Mayo!  Last time I checked I thought I still had a couple months!  Not that I'm complaining.  I would rather have all this done with and move on as quickly and swiftly as possible.  I'm surprisingly still not nervous about having surgery at all.  I am a little anxious to find out if and how much my scoliosis has progressed over the past year.  Back pain has become such a daily issue that my heating pad is on on a nightly basis.  

I've honestly been so busy with school lately that I've forgotten how fast this appointment is creeping up on me!  I'm thankful for the distraction though, even if school itself is pretty hectic right now.  Once this school year is over I'll only have one day of summer and the day after that will be spent in Rochester getting x-rays and consulting with my surgeon.  I suppose it still seems so surreal that I would need surgery that it just hasn't sunk in yet.  I've always been the healthy one of the family.  I've never broken any bones or anything like that.  

As much as I would like to say this surgery is not a big deal, it's a huge deal.  I can't even imagine myself straight as a rod (literally), and not able to bend my back like I can right now.  One of my biggest worries is that surgery will limit things I like to do right now like yoga.  My worst curve is in my lower back so I should still have flexibility in my upper back.  I'm sure once everything is done it will be nothing like I imagined it.  That's usually how it goes.

I would like to thank everyone for the support I've gotten through this blog and through emails!! It's great learning about others who are going through the same exact thing I am.  Your support means the world to me!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment