Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent"

I have dedicated this blog to posts solely about my scoliosis.  I haven't had a post in a while and some reoccurring events have led me to this point.  Although, indirectly related to my scoliosis, this is important nonetheless.  I am short.  I'm 17 and only 4'11".  Yes, part of my lack of height is due to my very curved spine, but I also have short parents.  

For some reason, people seem to think this means I am a weak person and they can take advantage of me in whatever way they see fit.  To this I strike back. I may be short but don't think you can pick fun or get what you want just because you are superior to me height-wise.  If you really think you're that much better than people that you have to physically assert yourself over others, you obviously aren't better.  Everyone deserves respect, regardless of their size, shape, color, etc.  

This post is dedicated to everyone who isn't getting the respect they deserve.  It's time to stand up for yourself.  I certainly have, and yes I've been called out for it.  Regardless, it was worth it.  If people can't respect you for who you are and what you bring to the table don't waste your time on them!  They don't deserve to be in your life!  If people truly care for you, it will show.  "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

No comments:

Post a Comment