Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Surgery in one week! Scared? Absolutely NOT! :)

In exactly one week I will be under the knife, I'll have two rods on both sides of my spine, screws, hooks, and all sorts of needles and tubes coming from my body.   I have the lowest tolerance for pain out of anyone I know, I have a phobia of needles, so how in the world am I not scared?!  To anyone freaked out about having surgery of any kind my advice is to fill up your schedule with all the fun things you love to do, or things you've always wanted to do.  

I've kept so busy, working lots, hanging out with all sorts of people, and spending time with my family.  I can honestly say even though my summer is being cut short, it;s been the best summer of my life.  I'm so ready to face my scoliosis head on.  I have the most amazing support team anyone could ask for, and surprisingly I have the strength to face major surgery: something I never in a million years thought I would have.


Thank you to everyone that has listened to my story, whether in person or from my blog, caring bridge website, via other family members, anything, and everyone!  You are all amazing and thank you for being here for me during this stressful, scary time.  I will make sure to update my blog on my day of pre-op work for all of you followers!  You can also check out my caring bridge website, which my mom will be updating when I have surgery and the week I stay in Rochester! God bless!




caringbridge.org/visit/lauradobrzynski

No comments:

Post a Comment