Wednesday, March 16, 2011

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

My main goal right now has been to find others with scoliosis, or who have had scoliosis surgery to communicate with.  Sounds easy right?  With internet it's easy to connect with all sorts of people!  WRONG!  I do not believe in putting my identity out there with some sketchy website claiming to be a "scoliosis chat room".  Today I became a member of the National Scoliosis Foundation Forum.  I thought, "great, now I can share my story and communicate with others going through the same thing I am!".  Again, WRONG!  

When I tried to post a new thread it took me to a screen that told me I did not have permission because my account is either not sufficient enough to make posts or the administrators of the website are not allowing me too.  I am by no means, dissing the National Scoliosis Foundation.  I think it would be a great tool if I could use it.  And quite possibly I do not know how to use it.  

Right now I'm just frustrated.  I'm having surgery in anywhere from 2-4 months and I'm ready for some answers to my questions!  I want to be able to confide in someone who knows exactly how I feel because they've been there or they're feeling the same way now too!  If anyone who is tech savy in the slightest bit could help me figure this out that would be great! Like I said, I'm ready for some answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment