Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Scoliosis Anyone?

In my first blog I told of my journey through being diagnosed with scoliosis.  As of right now it has been five and a half months since my last x-rays and I can get more x-rays after it's been six months.  Only two more weeks! (Which will be spring break also!!!)  I'm not sure if we will actually get x-rays then since the next x-rays I get have to be within three months of when I have surgery, if I do have surgery that is.

Just in the past couple days I started having some odd pain in my back on my lower right side.  I was at work when it started so I couldn't really sit down.  The pain started dull and got sharper the more I tried to just walk it off.  This led to a tingly feeling in my right leg that wasn't unbearable but wasn't exactly pleasant either.  The day after this happened I woke up with pain in my mid lower back right where my spine curves.  It's been really tender to touch and when my mom looked at it she said their was a green bruise. This is odd because I was never hit or run into or anything that might cause a bruise on my back.

Today the pain has been even more sensitive and I've tried to look up if there are any ties between this bruise and my scoliosis but I haven't found anything.  If any of you out there reading this know the answer, have scoliosis, or any comment at all (if there are any of you out there that is)  please feel more than free to comment your advice or suggestions as to what might be the cause of my bruising. 

No comments:

Post a Comment